My photography business in San Francisco centers around natural headshots. As a result, I love finding simple ways to improve my clients photos, helping them to get corporate headshots or online dating photos that they really love. When I come across these tips, it’s always exciting for me to pass them on.
One such tip has to do with something almost all of us are probably trying to do anyway: drink more water. I like to think of drinking more water as “natural airbrushing”. Your skin glows and your eyes are clearer. I was reminded of this after reading about Sarah Smith who took years off her skin by drinking 3 liters of water per day for 4 weeks. Although the lighting is clearly playing a big part in the images below, it still inspired me to try to drink more water every day.
image via Daily Mail
5 Ways to Remember to Drink More Water
1) Warm it up. Drinking hot/warm water is just as hydrating as cold water, and can feel more like a treat. Herbal tea is also a good option.
2) Add some lemon. Drinking plain water all day can get boring. Adding some lemon, cucumber or mint leaves will help you get more down.
3) Love your bottle. Buy and use a nice water bottle that you actually like having around. Since getting my own bkr bottle, I tend now to always have water with me.
4) Add bubbles! I recently got a sodastream machine and it is wonderful. It ends up costing much less money than buying sparkling water and has the added benefit of creating much less waste. And, as long as it doesn’t have any added minerals, sparkling water is just as hydrating as regular water.
5) First things first. Fill up a glass of water in the evening and leave it on the kitchen counter awaiting your arrival in the morning. This can be a gentle way to wake up your system, even before coffee and breakfast.
I recommend the above tips for my clients before they come do a photo-shoot with me. Even if you don’t have a photo shoot coming up, try it for 2 weeks and see if you notice a difference in your skin and energy levels. I would love to hear back about your results!